Monday, April 23, 2012

LAST GENERATION "Good News" Early Morning FEATURED DEVOTIONAL#1 Monday April 23 2012 Iyar 1, 5772


Billy Graham's Daily Devotion

He Died For Us

APRIL 23, 2012

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
–Romans 5:8

As we stand at the cross of Christ we see a glorious exhibition of God’s love. Paul wrote to the Christians in Rome, “While we were powerless to help ourselves . . . Christ died for sinful men.” In human experience, it is a rare thing for one man to give his life for another, even if the latter be a good man, though there have been a few who have had the courage to do it. Yet the proof of God’s amazing love is this: that it was “while we were sinners Christ died for us.” 

A beautiful young society leader came to visit my wife and me. She had been converted to Christ in one of our Crusades, and she was absolutely radiant in her transformation. Already she had learned scores of Scripture verses by heart and was so full of Christ that we sat for two hours listening to her give her moving testimony. Over and over she said, “I cannot understand how God could forgive me. I have been such a wicked sinner. I just cannot understand the love of God.”

PRAYER FOR THE DAY

It is beyond comprehension the love that took You to the cross for me. Humbly I praise and thank You, my Savior and my Lord.

 

13 COMMENTS

Joe says 4.23.2012, 08:33 a.m.

Thank you Jesus for your love for me and the whole world.

Gerry says 4.23.2012, 07:38 a.m.

What an incredible act of extraordinary love. Thank you , Thank you , Thank you , Holy God .

marion says 4.23.2012, 06:21 a.m.

JESUS YOU'RE MY SAVIOR

kuthi says 4.23.2012, 02:23 a.m.

The songs says 'Just for me, just for me,Jesus came and did it.. ' That is the best and greatest news! Hallelujah.

Selin says 4.23.2011, 4:44 p.m.

Dear Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your sacrifice for me and thank You for Your resurrection. Because of Your resurrection, we have proof to show future generations Your road. Because of Your resurrection, we know that You never will abandon a single spirit, so no child of Yours can claim to be alone. In Jesus' name. Amen

Elias says 1.25.2011, 11:23 p.m.

The love of God is incredible, I don't deserve it but I want it and I receive His love in Jesus.

martha says 1.25.2011, 4:09 p.m.

Amen to this. I am so blessed in this life and forever grateful to Jesus.

Mo says 1.25.2011, 12:00 a.m.

I too will never be able to understand how God would forgive a wicked sinner like me. That Jesus was born to die that I may live. That Jesus shed his blood for me (us). I will never be able to comprehend that kind of awesome powerful Love that God has for me (us). Thank you Jesus.

becky says 1.25.2011, 08:08 a.m.

Everyday I'm amazed by God's amaing love for us. I see it in me and in my family. Thank you Jesue for your love and thank you for forgiving me. Praise be to you alone.

Gerry says 1.25.2011, 06:51 a.m.

God's ways are so just and perfect that in order to redeem a fallen mankind the only adequate atonement was the life of his guiltless Holy Son, Jesus Christ. Could you give your only child over to be tortured and killed to save others? What an incredible display of supreme sacrifice and Love. To say thank you Lord seems barely enough.

sam says 1.25.2011, 06:32 a.m.

The whole experience of appreciating the amazing love of God is so overwhelming that we are often left speechless to explain it fully. We are just left wonderstruck.

Anthony says 1.25.2011, 02:48 a.m.

Thank you Jesus for your love for me and and I am learning how to truly trust you. THANK YOU JESUS

mick says 1.24.2011, 12:33 a.m.

A true belief in God takes away our unbelief.

POST A COMMENT
REQUEST PRAYER

BGEA encourages you to participate in this discussion; however, please be aware that your comment will not appear immediately. Also be aware that we reserve the right to edit comments for spelling, grammar and clarity. User comments that include personal attacks or other inappropriate comments will not be approved for posting. Thank you for your patience.