Tuesday May 29, 2012
Shrouded dead bodies following a Syrian government assault on Houla, Syria. Reports indicate that government-backed militias went door to door killing entire families. (AP Photo)
The State Department is expelling Syria's top diplomat in Washington following a wave of deadly attacks on civilians in Syria over the weekend. Seven European nations, including Britain and France, also moved to expel Syrian diplomats. This follows reports that Syrian government-backed militias went door to door in a killing spree that took the lives of entire families resisting the rule of Bashar Assad. [Full Story]
Clerics and pilgrims visiting St Peter's basilica on Tuesday expressed shock over a scandal that has shaken the Vatican and led to the arrest of the pope's butler, fearing it would hurt both the pontiff and the Church. It's awful and very sad that something like that can...... [Full Story]
Cory Booker s communications director Anne Torres resigned on Tuesday, [Full Story]
While many observers predict that Greece will eventually leave the [Full Story]
A special commission of cardinals investigating the worst crisis in Pope [Full Story]
As California Governor Jerry Brown seeks a temporary 5 percent pay cut from public employees to fill the largest state deficit in the U.S., many of those same workers are poised for raises next year.[Full Story]
- Top US Weather Forecaster Retires Amid Controversy
- Author Jay Cost: Democrats ‘Party That Plays Favorites’ |
- CNN Hiring Chef Anthony Bourdain for Weekend Show
- Manufacturing Recovering, but Wages Lag Behind
- NYPD Seeks Trash Records in Patz Case
- US Rep. Frank Apologizes for Hoodie Quip in Mass.
- Dewey & LeBoeuf Files Bankruptcy as Partners Flee, Debts Surge
- First Lady's Book: On Growing Seeds, Healthy Kids
- Miami Witness Describes Horror of Cannibalistic Attack
- Experts: Remedial College Classes Need Fixing
- Romney Meets With Major Donor in Las Vegas
- New York, Other High-Tax States Losing Residents
- Rep. Flores: Obama ‘Coddles Environmentalists' |
- Bitter Primaries Undercut GOP Hopes in 3 States
- Michael Reagan Compares Scott Walker to Dad in New Ad
- Virginia GOP Considers Convention for Gov. Nominee
- Sen. Rubio Visiting Guantanamo Bay
- Warren Pushed to Debate in Mass. Senate Race
U.N. envoy Annan met Syrian President Assad Tuesday following the massacre last week that killed more than 100 people and sparked widespread international condemnation. The United Nations has said government forces fired tank shells and artillery at villages, but stopped short of blaming them. [Full Story]
- LIGNET: Signs That Egypt's Revolution Is Lost
- UN: Most of 108 Killed in Syria Were Executed
- Yemen: 11 Militants, 5 Soldiers Killed in South
- Senior al-Qaida Leader Killed in Afghanistan
Voters will see through falling unemployment rates, realizing they indicate a worsening job market as opposed to an improving one and vote against Barack Obama for failing to improve the labor market, says real-estate mogul Donald Trump. [Full Story]
- Former Minister: Leaving Euro Would be ‘Disaster’ for Greece
- Carr: Consumer Confidence Decline Could Benefit Romney
- NYT: American Stock Ownership Hits 14-Year Low
- Facebook Shares Plunge Below $30 as Options Trading Begins
Cholesterol-lowering statin drugs were once viewed as "wonder drugs" and as major players in the fight to reduce cardiovascular disease. But as use of statins became widespread, serious side effects emerged. Side effects, coupled with the lingering question of whether or not statins actually lower the risk of heart attacks, have sent more people looking for natural, effective ways to reduce their cholesterol levels. [Full Story]
- Cut Your Cholesterol Without Drugs
- NASA Space Drink Reduces Wrinkles
- Alzheimer's Drug Effective in Trial
- Foods That Fight Stomach Problems
- Why Is Your PC So Slow? Download FREE PC Cleaner
- Eat This and The Fat Pours Out Of You?
- Silver: Protect From a Falling Dollar. Get in Now!
- Cash for Gold Scam? How to profit.
- 5 Foods To NEVER Eat: If You Want A Flatter Belly
- Obama has America neck deep in a secret “war”?
- Is Your Fish Oil Supplement Slowly Killing You?
- Warning! Stay Away from Statin Drugs. Learn Why.
Read more on Newsmax.com: News & Current Events, Breaking News, Analysis, Political Commentary – Newsmax.com
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!