Friday, July 10, 2009

Is it just about believing that Jesus died for our sins or do we also need to have a relationship with him?


Question posted on Yahoo! Answers: Is it just about believing that Jesus died for our sins or do we also need to have a relationship with him? I believe he died for my sins but I don’t have the kind of relationship with God that I often hear people talk about. Basically I’m asking what do I need to do to be saved.


-------------------------------



Everyone that is anyone will tell you there is more and apply lots of criteria to what their personal faith is on this issue, but the bible includes many instances that cause most to realize:

IT REALLY IS UP TO GOD.

We can say we know, and pretend or contend for the faith, but when you get there, if your in Hell...............

WHOOOPS

What good was the argument?

Jesus Came for that reason. He said everyone was so bickering and arguing that if anyone did do as everyone wanted them to do, they still could not get into heaven because GOD his Father was the one Who decides.

Your Father in Heaven decides. You get to find out that decision one of two ways.
Personally or Impersonally.

You can ask Him and keep asking till you get an answer, or follow the plans most will tell you as the Gospel and get an answer from Jesus as to your state.

Since God gave His Son to die for me, I like that option. If I have to go by Man's ideas, I can, and it is a long road round about, but a walk about you might need to figure it out. God has a destiny for you, since he created you.

You will choose to either ignore it or do it and the only real way to be sure is to find out what that is and do it.

Reading the Bible helps, talking to God is great, going to church can be good. But if it is that important I would do all the research I could, because if you get into court one day, you find a judge in a traffic court, or a court of law, does not care IF you know you broke any laws. He will judge you anyways.

Me I want to get on the judges good side, because usually, in traffic court, I am more than guilty....,

If I have a relationship with the judge, in some way, I can at least "hope" he will have mercy.

A person who asks to be saved is like the man dying on the cross next to Jesus, You are guilty, but if you at least, at the very least Seeking the Lord....You shall be saved.


Michael James Stone


Facebook MySpace LinkedIn Digg StumbleUpon Gmail Google Bookmarks Mixx AIM Yahoo Mail Share/Save/Bookmark

View Original Article

Blogged with the Flock Browser