Friday, July 10, 2009

How do I forgive someone who is unrepentant?


Question posted on Yahoo! Answers: I want to forgive someone who wronged me & my loved ones. I know it is important to forgive. I feel i must forgive so i can not only be forgiven but to feel more free of the grip of evil

How do you forgive someone though who has no sorrow of soul, no remorse & no resolution that they will not act in the same way, commit the same sin again? I do not wish to judge the behavior, not my place. But when someone sins against you, not caring about their actions what kind of forgiveness is appropriate here from me? what form should it take? I am confused I want this person to be helped, they do not wish help. They admit sins but take no responsibility and have no care.


Being around this person makes me feel further away from the christian life i wish to leave. But i want to be able to offer my forgiveness for the sins against me, so we both have that. I have been working very hard on restoring my own path to the lord. Thanks


Additional Details:


I understand I have to forgive! My question is how… in the practical sense…

I can not be around this person and nor would they allow me to go near them, speak to them etc etc… they are aware they have done wrong but will avoid at any cost taking responsibility. This is their choice.

I however want to choose to forgive and move on to a better place.

But how in the practical sense do i achieve this forgiveness…

Do i pray? is that enough?

Normally I would want to talk with the person but this is not an option.

---------

-----

---------------


If God has put you in HIS Place, it is likely he put this person in forn of you for a reason.

When We ask God to direct us as in Proverbs 3:5,6 we are not told we will understand or agree with where God leads us or puts us, we are told in fact to 'Not lean into our own understanding'

There are hundreds of people just itching to tell you what to do on this occasion, but only you and HE (God) will know what is best for you.

In my case the best friends I have are the ones I couldn't stand, and to this day they don't know who they are because I was taught the person who drove me nuts was most likely the person who reminded me of me....

A person being forgiven is God's department. We are told to forgive period. No questions, no reciprocity, no feelings, because we are told as everyone knows, if we don't, we won't be forgiven.

In that case, God doesn't care HOW WE FEEL, he cares we let him take care of the justice part when he deals with the person.


Me? I give them cold water and hope they don't know it means fiery coals....kindness and forgiveness goes a long way...., but God is not mocked...what a Man Sows, He reaps, Good or Bad.

Michael James Stone




Facebook MySpace LinkedIn Digg StumbleUpon Gmail Google Bookmarks Mixx AIM Yahoo Mail Share/Save/Bookmark

View Original Article

Blogged with the Flock Browser