Thursday, March 3, 2011

GotQuestions: More than you can handle?(2)

More than you can handle?

Was there ever a time in your life when you felt that God have you more than you could handle? See – http://www.gotquestions.org/more-handle.html



7 Comments »

  1. Comment by Michael James Stone

    Was there ever a time in your life when you felt that God gave you more than you could handle?

    > When sitting one night in MCRD Boot Camp in 1974 listening to the Drill Instructor tell us the merits of killing or be killed; I felt that unction like a tide pulling you out to sea when standing on sand, God wanted me to leave…., I thought that was more that I could handle.
    > When 89lbs and 104 temp I walked into a Long Beach Veterans Hospital in 76 and the emergency room packed me in Ice and I was in the midst of chills…, I thought that was more that I could handle.
    > When standing on the balcony of Balboa Naval Hospital planning my trajectory of how to jump and land head first on the cement below…,I thought that was more that I could handle.
    > When the Surgeon came in 77 approx and said they had no idea what was wrong me that I should consider preparing my family for the worst….,I thought that was more that I could handle.
    > When in surgery my heart stopped, and in another post op surgery given the wrong blood, and in bad practices a team held me down while removing packing without anesthetic….,I thought those were more than I could handle.

    Truth is I got pretty good at handling more than I could handle because God was with me.

    When after those early years of being a Jesus Freak and going through ten years of the most agonizing pain and suffering I would not wish on my worst enemy;

    “God said; You shall not die, but live, and declare my works….,”

    I knew that was more than I could handle, because everything else I could.

  2. Comment by ceseeley

    All;

    Yes, what I cannot handle but just deal with is what is happening to this country as prophesied by End Times Biblical Prophecy and only the True Christians are talking about it in a Biblical Way … others are conflicted by pressures that keep them from discussing the truths of the Bible and consequently they help promote and enable the causes of the fulfillment of End Times Biblical Prophecy!!!

    Some of the Primary Examples are these scenarios on legalizing and giving civil rights to some sexual orientations and not to others and using “equal protection under the law” as a defense … where is the equality or equal protection? Some sexual orientations will get one arrested like prostitution, pedophilia, rape, incest … etc. … this is these people’s sexual orientation … why aren’t they equally protected under the law?

    Not too long ago, sodomy and same gender sex was highly frowned upon by the majority of the people if not actually illegal!!! Now, many have come out of the closet and declared themselves as being gay persons with the desire to legalize their sexual orientation and be given civil rights and even have same sex marriage the law of the land!!!

    Considering “Equal Protection Under the Law,” why can’t these other sexual orientations come out of the closet and declare that they should also become legal and be given civil rights and possibly the right to marry in some cases.

    We would then have not only gay persons, we would have prostitution persons, pedophilia persons, rape persons, incest persons etc. all demanding their civil rights, legalization of their sexual orientation and marriage when at all possible!!!

    What is it like to be the Head Ministers of churches and advertise the invitation for people of all sexual orientations to come and be welcomed and then not share with all the people the Scriptures that clearly state that certain sexual orientations will keep one out of Heaven and in the past, some people have come out of some of these lifestyles?

    At their final Judgment. What will these Head Ministers say to God?

    1Cr 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

    1Cr 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

    1Cr 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

    The question for me is do some of these sexual orientations lead to “sin unto death” for believers that have backslidden into some of these sexual orientations? In other words, if I understand the concept right, God takes these Christian people to Heaven by allowing their sin to put them to death, because their life style is such a poor witness to the Body of Christ and the Secular Community?

    Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

    Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

    Jo 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

  3. Comment by JimBob

    I have a friend whose son just died of an accidental overdose. He has always been a believer in that all things are the will of God. While I believe that he still accepts that truth in this case, I cannot imagine the grief and sorry and ponder whether or not he can deal with this loss. Of course, that is why we all have Christian friends so that they can surround us with love and the knowledge that God has a large plan than can be comprehended at this time. I will pray for him and show him that love and hope that I can show how God will support his burden.

  4. Comment by Rambo

    Well, let me get my list out. Every time I do I imagine Job, and what he endured. Jesus, and what he endured. I’ve had to ask myself whether or not Job was forsaken by Almighty God. Job apparently didn’t think so… he never cursed God. Had Job felt like he was abandoned by Almighty God, what might he have said? “My God. My God. Why hast thou forsaken me?” Was Job forsaken? Sure, by everyone except Almighty God, and excepting one friend who approached Job with quite compassion. It’s not about whether or not we’re forsaken by Almighty God, it’s whether or not we forsake the Almighty, like Job didn’t do, in our trials and tribulations. Despite my trials and tribulations, Almighty God reins supreme, with His Son as our advocate. This understanding has been all I’ve had to hold on to more than once, this too shall pass.

    Rambo

  5. Comment by Anonymous

    I feel like that right now. Lost job. Lost woman. No hope in sight for either one coming back. Constantly wanting to shoot myself, but calling in to the hotline when needed. That’s how I feel.

    And I feel God will not let me alone with one issue: letting someone go out of my life that I want to keep; someone that I think is a positive influence and helps me with things. As she said in II Kings, all is well, so why not leave me alone?

  6. Comment by Matt

    Everyday I come across things that in my own strength I am not able to handle, be it something as simple as giving a reasonable distance between me and the driver in front who is doing 20 kmph under the speed limit. Somehow God gives the grace needed when I’m over my head.

    I’ve had my share of dark days and bad experiences, and I’ve failed and probably cursed God several times, but through it all he has always been faithful to keep my faith in him alive and see me through. I think that God sometimes allows these trials because he knows that they will break down our pride and bring us to a place that increases our reliance upon him and where he can work.

    But no, I have never been through anything that has caused me to reject God completely. He always sees me through, because he is faithful as the Bible says, even when times are very tough and seemingly devoid of hope.

  7. Comment by alvin

    yes