Friday, July 17, 2009

I’m a Christian, but not really.


I’m a Christian, but not really.

Question posted on Yahoo! Answers:

Okay so I am 16 and I am a ‘christian’. But recently I decided that I didn’t like the christian religion nor did I believe in HELL. I feel Hell is just something to make people scared and believe in religion so they don’t go to hell.

I just believe in god (and love god) and believe that jesus is my savior. I don’t really go to church unless it is christmas or easter and sometimes I will read my teen bible. am I a bad person for changing to this or what?

I mean I would NEVER tell my family because they raised me a christian and they would just assume I was an atheist (which I am NOT)

So I decided to take the name tag off of me and just let myself be a believer in god and jesus. Because personally I think it is RIDICULOUS what mankind has done to religion. There are hundreds of different religions which believes in the SAME thing but they just interpret it differently.

SO no more name tag- does this mean I am ‘GOING TO GO HELL’ or what?

I am just really confused.



God isn't confused.

He chose you and you know that because you read it in the Bible.

You chose to read the Bible and to believe in Jesus so I don't think you are confused. I think you are fine. You chose to follow Jesus.

Jesus felt like it was a little RIDICULOUS what people were aying about his Father and what people had to do to Find God, basically, he said ask, seek and find and you did.

So what's up with that? Nothing, you found what all of religion is about.....finding God.

Now that you know him, as you read, as you follow Jesus, you'll have God speak to you personally. He will. Just like he made you "feel" when you got saved.

It will seem like the most natural thing to do, whatever He is telling you to do. Others might want you to do alot of things you don't want to do, but you know what? Say a prayer and ask God to be there and if he isn't, you go Do what Jesus want you to do and you'll be fine.

We all learn differently, but God is our teacher and He will lead you and as you keep reading, in time, you will know exactly what is peaceful, perfect and right for you.

Till then, it may get confusing at times, But God is with you.

Remember that,

Gos is with you.


Keep Reading!!


Michael James Stone