Thursday, July 16, 2009

I am a gay Christian. What do I do?


Question posted on Yahoo! Answers: I’m gay and am Christian. I have tried so hard to pray to God, counseling, etc. and nothing works! I still have gay tendencies! Why isn’t God healing me of my sickness? What do I do? I don’t want to go to Hell, I’m so scared!



When you asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins, you confessed you were a sinner and could not stop sinning. Remember that?

Remember when you closed your eyes and asked the Creator of the Universe to take over your life and lead you?

How did you feel back then when you realized God the Father so loved you He gave his only Son for you and promised he would never leave you nor forsake you?

What was it like the first time you realized you had the Holy Spirit to comfort you and to lead you as well as teach you how to read the Bible daily?

Was it fun when you read your first psalm, your first proverb, the book of John?

I can tell you for me it was just like yesterday and I have been saved for 35 years and I still sin.
I admit, I am getting better, but you know the bible says everyday we are sinners until the Lord Jesus takes this body I live in away.

When He does, we ALL will be perfect.

Till then, in time, day by day, God promised he would work on us till one day HE would present us, present you, to his Father faultless.

You will suffer, as he promised we all would, but one day, when it is time, your tendencies will be to rejoice,

That once you were lost, now you are found, was blind but now you see.

You will. You'll See. It just takes God time.

Michael James Stone
Facebook MySpace LinkedIn Digg StumbleUpon Gmail Google Bookmarks Mixx AIM Yahoo Mail Share/Save/Bookmark

View Original Article

Blogged with the Flock Browser