Wednesday, March 2, 2011

GotQuestions: More than you can handle?

More than you can handle?

Was there ever a time in your life when you felt that God gave you more than you could handle?

See – http://www.gotquestions.org/more-handle.html



No Comments »

  1. Comment by Michael James Stone

    Was there ever a time in your life when you felt that God gave you more than you could handle?

    > When sitting one night in MCRD Boot Camp in 1974 listening to the Drill Instructor tell us the merits of killing or be killed; I felt that unction like a tide pulling you out to sea when standing on sand, God wanted me to leave…., I thought that was more that I could handle.
    > When 89lbs and 104 temp I walked into a Long Beach Veterans Hospital in 76 and the emergency room packed me in Ice and I was in the midst of chills…, I thought that was more that I could handle.
    > When standing on the balcony of Balboa Naval Hospital planning my trajectory of how to jump and land head first on the cement below…,I thought that was more that I could handle.
    > When the Surgeon came in 77 approx and said they had no idea what was wrong me that I should consider preparing my family for the worst….,I thought that was more that I could handle.
    > When in surgery my heart stopped, and in another post op surgery given the wrong blood, and in bad practices a team held me down while removing packing without anesthetic….,I thought those were more than I could handle.

    Truth is I got pretty good at handling more than I could handle because God was with me.

    When after those early years of being a Jesus Freak and going through ten years of the most agonizing pain and suffering I would not wish on my worst enemy;

    “God said; You shall not die, but live, and declare my works….,”

    I knew that was more than I could handle, because everything else I could.