Monday, March 29, 2010

LastCall: breaking point for Joseph -Bob Caldwell

Selfless Love

  "Now therefore, please let your servant remain instead of the lad as a slave to my lord, and let the lad go up with his brothers. For how shall I go up to my father if the lad is not with me, lest perhaps I see the evil that would come upon my father?" -Genesis 44:33-34

This is a breaking point for Joseph and his brothers. Judah has come to a place where the well-being of the family is more important than his own personal happiness. Judah is willing to place himself in what appears to be personal harm and slavery. This is the beginning of God's love in his life. The place within our hearts where the well-being of others is something we will make personal sacrifice for.

It is this type of selfless love that sent Christ to a world that is living in heartless rebellion to God. It is this type of love that has sent countless numbers of God's people into giving their lives away, expecting no credit or reward, for the benefit of others.

This love is what above all else distinguishes the gospel of Christ as different and superior to all other forms of religion. Judah's decision to act with selfless love became the catalyst for the restoration and healing of this family. We are all called upon many times in our lives to follow in the footsteps of Christ to put ourselves in a place of major personal sacrifice for the healing of our relationships with others. Taking personal responsibility to pay the cost, no matter how high, for the well-being of those within the sphere of our responsibility. This is often the breaking point where restoration and healing can occur.

Genesis 44:18-34

 Judah Intercedes for Benjamin

18 Then Judah came near to him and said: "O my lord, please let your servant speak a word in my lord's hearing, and do not let your anger burn against your servant; for you are even like Pharaoh. 19 My lord asked his servants, saying, 'Have you a father or a brother?' 20 And we said to my lord, 'We have a father, an old man, and a child of his old age, who is young; his brother is dead, and he alone is left of his mother's children, and his father loves him.' 21 Then you said to your servants, 'Bring him down to me, that I may set my eyes on him.' 22 And we said to my lord, 'The lad cannot leave his father, for if he should leave his father, his father would die.' 23 But you said to your servants, 'Unless your youngest brother comes down with you, you shall see my face no more.'

24 "So it was, when we went up to your servant my father, that we told him the words of my lord. 25 And our father said, 'Go back and buy us a little food.' 26 But we said, 'We cannot go down; if our youngest brother is with us, then we will go down; for we may not see the man's face unless our youngest brother is with us.' 27 Then your servant my father said to us, 'You know that my wife bore me two sons; 28 and the one went out from me, and I said, "Surely he is torn to pieces"; and I have not seen him since. 29 But if you take this one also from me, and calamity befalls him, you shall bring down my gray hair with sorrow to the grave.'

30 "Now therefore, when I come to your servant my father, and the lad is not with us, since his life is bound up in the lad's life, 31 it will happen, when he sees that the lad is not with us, that he will die. So your servants will bring down the gray hair of your servant our father with sorrow to the grave. 32 For your servant became surety for the lad to my father, saying, 'If I do not bring him back to you, then I shall bear the blame before my father forever.' 33 Now therefore, please let your servant remain instead of the lad as a slave to my lord, and let the lad go up with his brothers. 34 For how shall I go up to my father if the lad is not with me, lest perhaps I see the evil that would come upon my father?"

Judah's Intercession (Verses 18-34)

v. 18 Judah Came Near – In verses 18 through 23, Judah begins his plea for Benjamin's freedom by reminding Joseph of the demands he had placed upon the brother with regard to Benjamin.

v. 24 My Father – In verses 24-29 Judah recounts the concerns and fears their father had with regard to Benjamin and the sense of great loss the father still suffered at the loss of Joseph.

v. 31 He Will Die – Judah shows how much he has changed as he continues this plea for Benjamin. In verses 30-34 Judah shows how deeply he cares for the well being of his father. Twenty-two years earlier he cared nothing for the feelings of Joseph or his father's pain at losing Joseph. Now he is willing to sacrifice his own life for the well being of his father and Benjamin.

Devotions with Emotion

Michael James Stone

Fair Use Notice

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work herein is archived under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in reviewing the included information for personal use, non-profit research and educational purposes only.

Last Call

‘Your Devotion with Emotion’

This material was brought to you by Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity. Last Call Digest, is a ministry of Michael James Stone, volunteers, and people dedicated to the Love of God and Salvation of Souls. It is an aggragate of Christian Material selected to Bless you and Prepare you for each and every day you read them. May God Bless You as You Do!! Reading these Devotions will help you to prepare daily for life, living, and your Lord. You will hear God Speak To You thru them. 

Jesus  is Coming Very Soon.

Last Call Digest

“the simple format”

Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity, operates by you, with you, and for you. “Freely you have received, freely give”  Pass this on, everywhere you can, anytime you can, anyway you can. You will be blessed if you do. mrnetbizness@gmail.com

Last Days of the Last Generation                                                                                 “Last Generation”

                                      The simple format                                                                                      “the prophecy site just about prophecy”

Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity Journalist

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.

The material is being made available in an effort to understand scripture, news, technology and society especially as it relates to God and Jesus. It is specifically for non-profit research and educational purposes only. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. This is a completely non-commercial site for private personal use. No fee is charged, and no money is made off of the operation of this site. Nor is any implied reciprocal gratuities implied or construed.

Posted via email from The Last Call Digest