Thursday, February 4, 2010

Last Call: God Speaks (1B)"People are listening with their Thumbs Stuck in their Mouth " -Michael James Stone


God Speaks

(People are listening with their Thumbs Stuck in their Mouth)

Most people say, if only God would speak to me. I don’t.

To put it bluntly, I can’t figure out how people DON’T hear God speak because as far as Him speaking to me,

I can’t get Him to shut up.

Maybe I need more work than others….,

·       Devotion or Emotion

1.     God speaks in Devotion

          When I wrote on God Speaking the responses were interesting. One person was excited, one was skeptical, another was saying which God and frankly whether we could deceive ourselves. Another wanted to lock me up for hearing voices, some one else said ‘His Gods” talked to him that way and the list goes on.

For better or worse this was my response to all of them good and bad:

“Would you please stick your thumb back in your mouth and shut up”

The Bottom line is:                   

"People are listening with their Thumbs Stuck in their Mouth "

1.    “I want God to”                                   –Thumbsucker

2.    “Please Give me”                       –Thumbsucker

3.    “In the name of Jesus!!”                      –Thumbsucker

4.    “I command you”                      –Thumbsucker

5.    “If you Give me I will”                        –Thumbsucker

6.    “If God is real He will”                        –Thumbsucker

7.    “I believe God said”                            –Thumbsucker

8.    “The Bible Says”                       –Thumbsucker

9.    “I feel like God is saying”                    –Thumbsucker

10.“I claim the promise”                           –Thumbsucker

Were you offended? If so, you are a Thumbsucker.

Hearing God Speak is not about you.

“If you want to hear God speak SHUT UP!!”

The majority of issues facing people in hearing God speak boil down to;

1) How desperate are you to Hear Him.

2) How willing are you to do anything to hear him?

A guy that tells me there is a bomb in the building or yells fire when I smell smoke, I don’t ask him for his credentials, I get out of the building.

In some ways God is the same.

Only difference is, He is God, you are not.

You are trying to Hear Him, no offense, he’s already heard from you and doesn’t need a refresher course on Who You Are.

So,

1) Devotion

          Another “type” of devotion is when God Speaks to me is my reading of the Bible. The “majority” of the times, when I am reading my Bible is a “preset” reading plan, (if I can stick to it), God isn’t really speaking to me, His Spirit is.

Yes the Holy Spirit is God, but what I mean is the “Spirit of God” will inspire and apply the “Word of God” to accomplish the “Will of God” in your life.

Hear that?

“Spirit of God” + “Word of God” + “in your life” = “Will of God”

Inspire + Apply = Accomplishment

Want to know the Will of God?

You just found out How.

Go for it

This IS my stipulation to you.

You CAN hear God speak to you.

While Pastors and Teachers Don’t want you to become a “nutcase”

They also DO WANT you to know God and to Follow Him.

In Twelve Short Devotions Starting Tomorrow

We Will State Emphatically

How YOU

Not only can Hear God speak to you personally

He is the Only One who can get through all the “Voices” you hear

And Speak Directly To You.

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW?

Michael James Stone

Fair Use Notice

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work herein is archived under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in reviewing the included information for personal use, non-profit research and educational purposes only.

Last Call        

This material was brought to you by Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity. Last Call Digest, is a ministry of Michael James Stone, volunteers, and people dedicated to the Love of God and Salvation of Souls. It is an aggragate of Christian Material selected to Bless you and Prepare you for each and every day you read them. May God Bless You as You Do!! Reading these Devotions will help you to prepare daily for life, living, and your Lord. You will hear God Speak To You thru them.  Jesus  is Coming Very Soon.

Last Call Digest

Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity, operates by you, with you, and for you. “Freely you have received, freely give”  Pass this on, everywhere you can, anytime you can, anyway you can. You will be blessed if you do.LastCallDigest@michaeljamesstone.com

Last Call Journal

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.

The material is being made available in an effort to understand scripture, news, technology and society especially as it relates to God and Jesus. It is specifically for non-profit research and educational purposes only. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. This is a completely non-commercial site for private personal use. No fee is charged, and no money is made off of the operation of this site. Nor is any implied reciprocal gratuities implied or construed.

Posted via email from The Last Call Digest