Monday, July 6, 2009

Bickering or Blessed? Both may be Right Rick Warren and Jan Markell

When We disagree:An Open Letter to Pastor Rick Warren ~ Bible Prophecy Today











An Open Letter to Pastor Rick Warren ~ Bible Prophecy Today.

Two Popular people.

Two Opinions.

I get challenged by the WAY people disagree. Often they use the Worlds ways and means to vent or view disagreements and this is delegated to the realm of: If you are in the Public, you deserve it.

I disagree.

The Bible says, if you have ought against your brother, go to Him in private. If I do, then I have God to work for me.

If I don’t I have man to thank for the divisions I cause when I could just as easily disagree, without personalizing MY POV on another.

We CLAIM it is to save the sanctity of our religion, or PROVE our point of view is correct, but Jesus never did it that way.

Can I say that again? Jesus never did it that way.

He was direct, and he was directed. He said that he must be about His Fathers business, and so he did. He didn’t care who agreed or who did not, He allowed God to handle that part.

His mission was to complete the task He was sent to do.

I like Jan Markell. I like Rick Warren.

I wish they would talk TO each other rather than AT each other. Not because I think they will agree, but because that is what Jesus would do. He was personal. He was real. He addressed the personal issues of his accusers directly.

In fact, He asked the Sanhedrin, why do you accuse me by night when you could come to me by day?

I think this “Open Letter” is such a Case. It is not expected to be answered and I would rather when a person SAYS they are addressing a person, they don’t stoop to the World and it’s ways to make a point or get a “media buzz”.

I support Jan Markell’s ministry and I will go to Rick Warrens church this summer on a Sunday to hear a typical message. I suspect I know the results and I will post a result of my visit and likely say as I have in the past over other “senationalized” accusations.

My question to you, or Jan, or Rick, or anyone you use on the Web to promote your position, do you GO TO the person?

Do you Follow Up the accusations?

Are you willing to go along with the crowd when they say;

“Crucify Him, Crucify Him”

Just because you don’t like the Way God is using someone?

Michael James Stone

Posted in Disagree | No Comments Yet