Wednesday, January 19, 2011

RelationshipsQ&A: "My husband wants to love on me and touch me and put his hands down my pants and kiss me passionately, and we have younger children... if I say no or kind of put him off and say "later let's do this." He thinks I don't love him. What sho

Q and A is your opportunity to ask questions regarding the Bible, church, or just about anything regarding Christian faith and life. Submit questions on the response form in your bulletin or E-mail the Church Office.

My husband wants to love on me and touch me and put his hands down my pants and kiss me passionately, and we have younger children... if I say no or kind of put him off and say "later let's do this." He thinks I don't love him. What should I do?

Q. My husband wants to love on me and touch me and put his hands down my pants and kiss me passionately, and we have younger children. The oldest is 9. My husband is kind of a fun, crazy kind of guy. I feel embarrassed to do this in front of the children, but he takes offense if I say no or kind of put him off and say "later let's do this." He thinks I don't love him. What should I do?

A. I believe it is completely appropriate for you to discuss this with him in private and explain why you feel the way you do. While it is very healthy and beneficial for your children to see their parent’s affection for each other, you should be able to discuss boundaries which you both agree on and are comfortable with, when it comes to being affection with one another. Your communication with him should help him understand these boundaries are not because you do not love him, but you have discomfort with certain displays of affection and hopefully understanding will be fostered. It seems unusual that your discomfort with certain displays of affection would cause your husband to come to such a drastic conclusion. Perhaps there is more than this driving his conclusion. It may be time to sit down and have a good long talk speaking the truth in love.

Posted via email from Christian Issues Digest